And A.Hab.’s one true statement was…
February 12, 2011 § 8 Comments
Let’s refresh our memories, shall we?
1. When I was in third grade, I fell off the monkey bars and broke my arm in two places. I had to sit out my ballet dance recital.
2. My first pet was a black and white goldfish named Pongo. I named him after watching 101 Dalmations. After Pongo died, I just couldn’t bring myself to own another fish.
3. My very first plane ride ever was when I was a rising senior in college, and we went to New York City to celebrate my sister’s high school graduation. Two days before our trip, my group psychology professor showed us the film Alive, which led me to nearly tear my sister’s skin off her arm during take-off.
4. I met Khloe Kardashian while Robert and I were in Las Vegas after he graduated last May. She’s actually super sweet and smarter than she appears on television!
5. My favorite roller coaster in Disney World is in the Animal Kingdom park–it’s a fairly new ride called Expedition Everest! I absolutely cannot get enough of it! I rode it three times in a row before Robert managed to drag me away.
And the one true statement is…
Well done to all of you–I think everyone chose #3. Man, I think I’m either that transparent or a really crappy liar, lol.
Let’s walk through the lies, shall we?
1. I have never ever broken a bone in my body. Well, except for this one baby toe on my left foot. I stubbed it really badly in high school, and now every once in a while it’ll re-break (or re-fracture, I think) and cause a pretty good amount of pain. It only does this when I’m walking for really long distances, though, which is not terribly often. (Like, the other day, we walked two miles and my toe didn’t re-fracture, so two miles wasn’t long enough.)
2. My first pet was a parakeet named Pumpkin (well, really Punkin) whom I named because we got him around Halloween when I was like…under a year old? I had just learned the word “pumpkin” and enjoyed saying it, lol. He didn’t look like a pumpkin at all! I also have never had a black and white goldfish named Pongo. Although, I think that’s kind of a cute name for a black and white goldfish, lol.
3. Was true. I’m telling you people, my poor sister’s hand was red and a little bit swollen after we finally righted ourselves in the air. I thought we were going to die; I could just envision the plane cracking apart like it does in Alive, and I really didn’t want to die. I really just wanted to go see The Producers on Broadway. My sweet sister had to keep talking me down from the ledge: “the plane has to make that sound because it means the gear is going inside,” and “we have to angle up like this because we need to get off the ground.” That was my first flight, and I’ll tell you…I did not enjoy it. I do not enjoy flying; if we could drive everywhere on Earth, that would really be ideal.
4. I’ve never met a celebrity ever. I suppose you might say that I did meet Penn and Teller after their Las Vegas show, because I do have a photo to prove it, but I don’t really consider that “meeting” them. It’s not like we chatted. They said “thanks” to all the compliments and moved us along so they could sign the programs for the other people in line behind us. Seem like really nice guys, though. And Penn is a giant. The man is like a tree, no joke.
5. Robert actually read the Expedition Everest ride in Animal Kingdom, and I was choking back tears the entire time as I watched him…from the ground. There’s this one horrible part where the track juts out from this cave, and there’s a sign warning that the tracks are out. So, of course the roller coaster car goes on that track, right? Comes to a sudden halt, and then backs up and goes off to another part. That’s what made me so emotional…just imagining how scared and helpless I would feel. I hate roller coasters. I do not get a thrill out of being scared. I do not enjoy them. In fact, they ruin an otherwise good time for me. Let me walk around the gift shops and do some of the easier rides (like the ones that let you float down a river), and I am perfectly content. I will have good memories of that trip. Throw my ass on a roller coaster? Not fun. At all.
So, well done to all of you for guessing correctly! 🙂